Sunday, December 15, 2013

Amount socail media is used

"According to a survey by the International Association of Chiefs of Police of 600 agencies, more than 92 percent of departments now use social media, 74 percent believe it helps them solve crimes, and 64 percent say it improved community relations."

These statistics taken from an article on wpxi.com strike me as staggering. Before I researched more into the connections of social media and police I wouldn't have even put the two together. Through my research I have found that not only is social media a benefit to police investigations, but it is one of the main resources police use.

In an age that is completely absorbed in electronics I have come to have a renewed caution in what I present about myself on the internet. I feel almost as if I'm being watched and that only makes me feel more responsible for my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment